Our mission is to lessen the trauma experienced by child victims when abuse allegations are investigated, and to provide support during any subsequent proceedings within the criminal justice system.
Serving Abused Children in East Baton Rouge, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, and West Baton Rouge Parishes. When a child is abused, it is the community’s responsibility to respond and to protect the young victim. Recognizing this, the Baton Rouge community has developed a program that coordinates the investigation, prosecution, and treatment of child abuse.
This program, called the Baton Rouge Children’s Advocacy Center, maximizes a child’s chance for healing through intervention in a child-focused, child-sensitive environment.
- Protects children who have been sexually and/ or physically abused and helps prevent further abuse.
- Provides therapeutic counseling during the time of disclosure and thereafter.
- Maintains and reconstitutes a healthy family by healing the scars of abuse
- Enhances community safety by preventing the perpetration of sexual/physical abuse.
- Coordinates the prosecution of the criminal cases
In 2015, BRCAC served 412 children and their non-offending family members who were sexually abused, physically abused, or had witnessed a severe crime. BRCAC works very hard to offer a comforting and supporting environment for the child and their family, and provided a totaling amount of over 4,590 services to the victims last year.
Any child or family that walks into BRCAC will feel at ease and will be provided support from our staff. No one should go through this alone!
For more information please contact the Baton Rouge Children’s Advocacy Center
626 East Blvd
Baton Rouge, La 70802