DID YOU KNOW?
WHAT IS TF-CBT?
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) is an evidence-based treatment method demonstrated to significantly reduce the effects of childhood trauma. Research shows that TF-CBT successfully resolves a broad array of emotional and behavioral difficulties associated with single, multiple, or complex trauma experiences. These methods are utilized across Louisiana by Children Advocacy Centers.SEE MORE FAQS
THE HEALING PROCESS
The BRCAC provides onsite as well as mobile/offsite therapy services.
Also known as our “Trauma Response and Recovery” program, it is comprised of a team of Master’s Level therapists who are specially trained in Trauma-Focused therapies. Every effort is made to foster a sense of safety, to help young people heal at their own pace, and to heal in ways that are non-threatening and empowering.
FOR FAMILIES AND COMMUNITIES
Because we understand that trauma has a ripple effect, we extend our healing and recovery programs to families and communities where the child resides.
Additional benefits of therapy programs:
- Thanks to our donors and partners, we are able to provide these individual and group therapies at NO COST!
- Our Master’s Level therapists use proven techniques that are informed by science.
- We are here for survivors as long as they need us – this could range from 4-6 weeks or even several years until the criminal case is resolved!
- As our population is ethnically diverse, we ensure that all approaches are culturally sensitive.
- We also provide translators when needed so that children and families can participate in their native language.
TYPES OF THERAPY WE PROVIDE
Because every child is unique, the Therapy we provide also incorporates other Evidence-Based Treatments (EBTs) in our work with children and teens, giving us a substantial “toolkit” with which to meet young people where they are.
Some of these tools are:
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy
- Filial Therapy (Parent and Child Interaction Therapy)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Mindfulness and Mind-Body Medicine
- Trauma and Grief Component Therapy for Adolescents
- Expressive Therapies (Art, Play and Sand Tray Therapies)
75% OF CHILDREN WHO HAD PTSD WHEN THEY STARTED THERAPY TREATMENT, NO LONGER HAD PTSD AT THEIR LAST FOLLOW UP.-Source: Details Here