This fun & engaging online class will educate middle & high school students (grades 6th – 12th) on how to recognize unsafe online situations, what steps should be followed if ever confronted with an unsafe online situation, and how to report it.
Please consider these important FACTS:
– 92% of all teens in the U.S. report using the internet daily; – The number of online predators & have significantly increased since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis (by more than 100,000);
– 1 out of 5 teens are solicited sexually while using the internet;
– 72% of teens ‘friend’ strangers on social media;
– 8 out of 10 teens admit giving out personal information to strangers online;
– 1 in 5 girls are cyberbullied;
– 1 in 10 boys are cyberbullied;
– Strangers solicit & groom teens through chat rooms & multi-player online games than all other resources combined.
Internet use continues to increase, as does online abuse. It is important that we teach our children the personal & online safety skills needed to navigate this ever increasing virtual world, so please join us for this free opportunity to learn how to Speak Up Be Safe while Online.
Register in advance for this class:
Consider also Registering your teen or our next FREE Personal Safety Class on the first Thursday of every month at 3pm.
Check out our Facebook events page for updates on events & other classes that we offer here .