PROFESSIONALS RESPONDING TO CHILD TRAUMA
We hope this information will help you understand more about how to respond to child trauma . We also hope it will help you understand the system we use to respond to a report of abuse and trauma. Please call us at the CAC (225-343-1984) if you have questions.
Trauma occurs when a child experiences a serious injury or threat to self, witnesses a serious injury or threat to someone else, and/or experiences a violation of personal integrity such as a sexual assault.
Our goals at the BRCAC are to:
- Do the best job possible in finding out what happened
- Work with the child protective legal systems to help the child
- Help you understand the child protective and legal systems
- Help make the process as comfortable as possible for you
- Help your children and family begin to heal