SURVIVORS OF ALL AGES
We hope this information will help you understand more about surviving child trauma. We also hope it will help you understand the system we use to respond to a report of abuse and trauma. Please call us at the CAC (225-343-1984) if you have questions.
Trauma occurs when a child experiences a serious injury or threat to self, witnesses a serious injury or threat to someone else, and/or experiences a violation of personal integrity such as a sexual assault.
Our goals at the BRCAC are to:
- Do the best job possible in finding out what happened
- Work with the child protective legal systems to help the child
- Help you understand the child protective and legal systems
- Help make the process as comfortable as possible for you
- Help your children and family begin to heal