Dear Baton Rouge Community,
We hope you have had a chance to read the comprehensive email we sent regarding the upcoming Professional Training in Mind-Body Medicine. If you had not had a chance to review it, you can find the letter here. We encourage you to act promptly if you or someone at your organization are interested in attending this training, as space is limited. Please email Joshua Ogboenyiya or Matt Miyagi about registration inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or follow this link to apply directly.
We would like to address some frequently asked questions about the program:
- This nationally recognized training program is being made possible through a generous funding collaborative, which includes the Irene W. & C.B Pennington Foundation, the Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation, Chan-Zuckerberg Foundation, the EBR Mayor’s ReCAST Coalition, the Louisiana Disaster Recovery Authority, and the Louisiana’s Governor’s Office Covid Relief Fund. The Baton Rouge Area Foundation serves as the project’s fiscal agent.
- This training is 100% virtual through Zoom. The advanced training (September 9, 10, 13, 14) will be in-person.
- This training is open to all care providers, including professionals and paraprofessionals (e.g. Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers/Counselors, Law Enforcement/First Responders, Educators, Clergy, Case Managers, Peer Counselors (adults and youth), Parent and Community Volunteers).
- This a transdisciplinary, capacity-building training model. It dually addresses secondary and work-related stress while also providing tools to share with the people we serve.
- CEU’s & CME’s will be provided (approximately 30 hours).
- While it is ideal for the implementation phase of this project to have at least 2-4 people from your organization attend, it is fine to register just one person from your organization.
- The commitment to facilitate 2 eight week groups is ideal, but there will be other ways to incorporate this model such as in classrooms, staff development, etc. The expectation of trainees to lead groups is not an absolute depending on their background or discipline.
- It is permissible and encouraged to share this information with those in your personal and professional network who may have not received it.
By applying and registering, you are committing to attend the entire 4-day training. Please take a moment to review the tentative program schedule here. If you have any questions about the program, please email Joshua Ogboenyiya at firstname.lastname@example.org.