The websites listed below provides valuable information regarding child sexual abuse and neglect.
- National Children’s Alliance– Empowering local communities to serve child victims of abuse.
- National Children’s Advocacy Center – https://www.nationalcac.org/
- Department of Children & Family Services– Building a stronger Louisiana.
- CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocates– (Baton Rouge) Volunteers speaking up for abused and neglected children to help them reach safe and permanent homes.
- The Sexual Trauma Awareness & Response Center– Provides support to sexual assault survivors and their loved ones.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network– Mission: To raise the standard of care and improve access to services for traumatized children, their families and communities throughout the United States.
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children– Mission: To serve as the nation’s resource on the issues of missing and exploited children.
- Darkness to Light– Raise awareness of the prevalence and consequences of child sexual abuse by educating adults about the steps they can take to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child sexual abuse.
- Children’s Law Advocacy Resources Online (CLAIRO)- Provides an effective means of communication between and among organizations trying to improve child protection processes within Louisiana.
- East Baton Rouge District Attorney’s Office
- Baton Rouge Police Department
- East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Laws in Louisiana pertaining to abuse and neglect
Other Legal Resources:
LawHelp.org/LA– Louisiana’s Online Guide to Free Legal Help.