This FREE class will help your child to learn how to recognize unsafe online situations, what steps should be followed if ever confronted with an unsafe online situation, and how to report it.
If you are not yet sure about registering, please consider these important FACTS:
– 76% of children in the U.S. have access to the internet;
– Only 33 % of households with internet access use filtering and blocking software;
– 1 out of 5 children are solicited sexually while using the internet;
– 7 in 10 children are willing to share personal information to strangers online;
– More than 100,000 predators are online daily;
– Strangers solicit & groom elementary-aged children daily through multi-player online games (like Roblox, Minecraft, & Fortnite);
– 1 in 10 parents are actually aware that strangers can interact with their children through multi-player online games (as listed above).
Internet use continues to increase, as does online abuse. It is important that we teach our children the personal & online safety skills needed to navigate this ever increasing virtual world, so please join us for this free opportunity to learn how to Speak Up Be Safe while Online.
Also please consider registering your child for our FREE Personal Safety Class (Abuse Prevention) held on the first Thursday of every month at 4:30pm.
Register your Elementary aged children (grades K – 5th) for this FREE interactive & fun internet safety class.
Click HERE for more information about this event & to share it on our Facebook page.