Full-time Prevention Education Specialist
Baton Rouge Children’s Advocacy Center’s mission is to set children on a solid path to healing and justice by providing trauma-informed, efficient and coordinated child-focused services in the aftermath of abuse and violent crime. As the sole organization in East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Iberville and Pointe Coupee Parishes providing comprehensive child abuse forensic, assessment and intervention services, the nationally accredited BRCAC is a place of healing for children, along with their non-offending family members or caregivers. We are seeking a Prevention Education Specialist to make an immediate and sustained impact by developing and implementing our child abuse outreach and prevention programs and increasing our therapy services to our clients. This is a full-time position.
Reports to: Clinical Director/Executive Director
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with Executive Director, develop a comprehensive plan for delivering Stewards of Children and Speak Up Be Safe child abuse prevention curriculum in Greater Baton Rouge.
- Primary contact for internal and external prevention and outreach activities, and coordinate response with appropriate employees.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, build and sustain collaborative community relationships to establish on-going prevention education programs. Includes regular travel within and beyond Baton Rouge.
- Develop strategies for reaching out to professional partners of BRCAC, the medical community, underserved communities and the general population in BRCAC’s jurisdiction.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics for prevention workshops including coordinating volunteer workshop facilitators.
- Administer program evaluation tools including pre- and post-workshop surveys to assess program effectiveness.
- Serve as a community advocate for preventing and responding to child abuse, including referring community members to additional BRCAC services when appropriate.
- Deliver community presentations about BRCAC intervention and prevention programs.
- Represent the mission, values and programs of BRCAC in all facets of position responsibility.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with board and committee members, agency partners and staff members in order to support our customer-centered, caring and collaborative culture.
A bachelor’s level degree or higher, and –
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present materials and answer questions in small and large group settings.
- Spanish language skills helpful and strongly preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet databases.
- Strong initiative, strategic and innovative thinking, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Access to motor vehicle, current Driver’s License, insurance and ability to travel within the community approximately 30% of the time.
- Hours and schedule may vary depending on required tasks.
Baton Rouge Children’s Advocacy Center offers a competitive pay and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
BRCAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer